cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace IIS Monitoring plugin - If we create a service account for this setup does it need admin rights?

Catherine_Tenge
Newcomer

Dynatrace IIS Monitoring plugin - I am looking to get this set up with our new server build outs. If we create a domain service account to use for this – does it need to have admin rights on the collector in order to start the dynatrace service? Our Collector is in one domain – but our windows servers with IIS are in another domain will that be a problem? Does this domain account need to be part of the performance monitor users group on both the collector and the IIS server? Is this a group that already exists or something we would need to create on those servers?

4 REPLIES 4

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Catherine,

Can you clarify what is the Dynatrace II Monitoring Plugin? Is this something you got from Dynatrace, or something you built inhouse?

Monitoring Plugins will run within the process context of the Collector which they're assigned to run within, so no additional privileges are required to run it and no additional processes or services are created when the monitor executes. However if a Monitoring Plugin is accessing data (such as PerfMon metrics) the Collector executing the Plugin will need appropriate access for the resource(s) it's querying. In this situation, being a member of the Performance Monitoring User Group might be necessary, that all depends on how it's setup and what metrics it is attempting to access.

Catherine_Tenge
Newcomer

Sorry - I have a typo. It's the IIS monitoring plugin. We downloaded it from the fastpacks and plugins.

Catherine_Tenge
Newcomer

Dynatrace IIS monitoring plugin that was downloaded from fastpacks/plugins.

Catherine_Tenge
Newcomer

A note for this plugin said to make sure the service account is assigned as the logon account for the collector service. That is why I am wondering if that account has to be an admin on the box or not?