cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace Incident email to an email address with special characters

joris_schuit
Newcomer

Hi All,

When an incident is triggered in dynatrace I want to send the alert to a SMS/text service. To do this I need to use an email address like: sms/xxxxxxxxxxx@subdomain.domain.nl where the "x"'s are replaced by the numbers of my phonenumber. Is dynatrace capable of handling the forward slash?

Thanks and regards,

Joris

6 REPLIES 6

jared_kemp
Organizer

is the "sms/" required? I am basing this mostly on US usage, however
most things I've seen point to just needing the
XXXXXXXXXXXX@carrier.net for the address to be delivered via email.
The only difference may be if it is an internal service you have but we
have one that just takes number@carrier.net address and does not require
the "sms/".

I am using the extended email action plugin and just doing the number@carrier info works fine for sending text messages out. When using /sms the text does not send.

joris_schuit
Newcomer

Hi Jared,

Thanks for the response.

The "sms/" is a requirement. The postmaster doesn't like the email address without it. I am not using the Extended email plugin. The normal email addresses do get their alert messages. So I think it is probably the forward slash.

Thanks and regards,
Joris

Is it no option to send the mail to a standard mail and forward it from there to the sms mail adress.

Just as a workaround? Assuming you have some mail service which is able to work with this "sms/"

regards,

Gerald

joris_schuit
Newcomer

Hi Gerald, Your are suggesting a possible solution, thanks for that. I did consider your option but it will not work if I need to notify a couple of contacts. Every person that I need to notify would have to configure the forward manually. When they don't configure or remove the forward, there's no way to SMS them.

Thanks and regards,

Joris

That is true!

eric_eiswerth
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

I would also like to see if this is possible, as I am frequently asked to email to a group with an address that starts with "#". When creating a local user in the Dynatrace server, it is not possible to have the email address of the user be #abc.eric@dynatrace.com. Any feedback or workarounds on this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Eric