cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace can coexist with NEW RELIC or AC APM On a single server

rguerrero
Inactive

I am going to make a POC in a WebLogic application server but it is still installed on that server "New Relic", my question is can live "New Relic" with Dynatrace Appmon on that server or there would be some conflict.

2 REPLIES 2

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Roberto, Officially we do not support the AppMon agent and the New Relic agent injected at the same time. However it has been done many times and I'm not aware of any conflicts that have occurred.

But I suggest you emphasize to the customer that this is not supported so that if sometime does not work correctly, we are not blamed.

Also keep in mind that when you do this, AppMon can measure the cost of New Relic, however NR cannot measure AppMon. So you will quickly see a slice in the API Breakdown views which show New Relic time. Be sure to run a heavy load and see how New Relic time increases with load. Very educational to customers who are comparing the two solutions.
Good luck

Joe Hoffman

Thank you very much for your answer Joseph.
Also the environment to monitor is Production with WebLogic and I do not want to have problems.

I am going to comment that they have to disable the other monitoring applications and just stay with Dynatrace AppMon for the implementation of this POC.

Thank you very much for your support.

Roberto Guerrero