cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Dynatrace opening screen hangs

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

When I start my Dt the opening screen hangs:

When I do a refresh I get:

Could it be that I have so many pure path's that before Dt is finished analyzing a new refresh of the page is activated and the analyse fase starts again?

KR Henk

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Henk,

What is the heap size of Dynatrace client?

Did you restart the Dynatrace Server before appearing this situation? If Yes then restart your frontend server also.

Also check the health of your frontend server because you are looking PurePaths only for the last 30 minutes.

Regards,

Babar

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi Babar,

For the client we do not have a ini file, only the .template so this most be the default heap from below line

1536M (java 1.7.0)

Both server and frontend restarted, no solution

FYI waiting for a long long time works, but with a incomplete cache result (21%)

For the Frontend health (I don not understand why I did not look there )-;)

2017-01-14 13:47:09 WARNING [AnalysisCachePeriodicTask] AnalysisCache task does not keep up with session storage. Skipping data.

Thx for your reply, so all I have to do is speed-up the AnalysisCache task or remove some PP's?

KR Henk

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Henk,

To check in increase the heap size you need to open the dynaTrace Client from the settings and I am sure that you have a 64bit client which is recommended.

We can expect some delays to fetch data from the cache after restarted server and especially where is huge data flow.

Yes we should be proactive for the capacity related issues and most importantly the care about sizing from the beginning.

Regards,

Babar

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I also suggest to upgrade Dynatrace. Seems you are on an older version. We have recently introduce a lot of improvements in both the Dynatrace Client as well as the Web Dashboards. So - if you have a chance - upgrade to 6.5.x!

Andi

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi Andi,

It is a 6.1 environment, so we will before February 28 (-;

KR Henk