cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace patch update 6.3.27 question

SSelvaraj11
Guide

We have applied a public update (6.3.27) to one of our servers .Few of the .Net ,
Web server agents are updated to 6.3.27 . But not all . We tried a couple of collector restarts , but it is not updating the version . Usually our .Net app pools are recycled every night .

Should i do the following restart to get it done .

Java agent - JVM restart

.Net , Web server agent - web server service restart

3 REPLIES 3

jdiclementi
Newcomer

For Java agents I believe a JVM restart will be required for the agent to update to the version of the server. I recall during the last Dynatrace upgrade I assisted with that 6.0 agents were only upgraded to 6.3 (the version we upgraded to) once a JVM restart occurred.

Yes, Jared is correct. The Agents will only update once the application is restarted because they are a part of the application process. Restarting the collectors will not cause the agents to update.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Sruthi, Also remember that if you're talking about WebServer agents, you'll need to restart the Master WebServer process, which is a Windows Service on Windows. This should be done as part of this reboot mentioned by Jared and David. Of course all this would be included in a reboot of the OS.