cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace session offline can't open in Dynatrace Client

m_nasrudin25
Contributor

Hi, I have a dts session that export from Dynatrace Server, and I want to open it in Dynatrace Client, but this session failed to open when I import to Dynatrace Client. The message is "Failed to import Session from 'file name.dts'. File is not a valid session file".

nb : Dynatrace server version same as Dynatrace client, the version is 7.0.13.1014

3 REPLIES 3

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The error you're getting indicates there's something wrong with the .DTS file. Is it possible to regenerate the .dts file? A DTS file is just a zip file with special contents. See if you can open the file using zip tools, it might be necessary to rename the file to ??.zip, depending on which zip utility you use.

I try to regenerate the .dts file but still same, the .dts file can't open in client with same message. And when I rename this file to .zip, it can open well with my zip tools

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I would look in the client log to see if there are any further details about this condition that may explain this behavior. The log file is located in C:\Users\<username>\.dynaTrace\Dynatrace 7.0\log\client\client.0.0.log.