cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyTravel Demo License for AppMon 7.1?

kenneth_knierim
Participant

Demo question: Might I request the addition of a demo license for EasyTravel 2.0.0.2892 for AppMon 7.1 for our Lab and for the entire AppMon community?

I see there is a new EasyTravel 2 build 2892 available for AppMon 7.1 for the April 2018 release. Unfortunately I do not see an available demo license for the new AppMon 7.1 and new EasyTravel versions.

I checked the EasyTravel Demo page but I do not see a new license available for 7.1 yet.

8 REPLIES 8

AlanZ
Organizer

Hi, same here, it would be really usefull

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ken,

If you haven't you can also get a free personal license through our App Mon free trial which will allow you to run any agent as long it is on your local host. This doesn't fully solve your issue but will allow you to test other apps as well.

Best,

Kyle

@Kyle K.

Thanks for the option. I actually use my Personal Edition on my local workstation periodically to test with the latest Visual Studio Tools including Dynatrace integration. I was able to get a license to work using our EAP preview license for 7.1 release for now.

kenneth_knierim
Participant

While the EasyTravel Demo page lists the license as working for 7.0 and 7.1 now I was not able to get it to work with AppMon 7.1 release.

What did finally work was to use the Licensing Portal to download the EAP - Early Access Preview - License to apply to our APM Lab environment just to evaluate and review demo settings using EasyTravel. Now I can at least try connecting to a domain and testing the new GUI configuration options for SAML based SSO. While this is temporary at least I am able to see the newer settings and try out the connections between our APM Lab and our ADFS Lab for single sign on testing before we move into our Pre-Prod or Prod environments. The agents, and the demo app, all run locally so the rest is just a function test for some of the new authentication options offered in the 7.1 release.

Unfortunately the listed license on the EasyTravel download page still says "Unknown License Type" whenever I attempted to use it even though it now lists support for AppMon 7.1 as of a couple days ago.

TL;DR My lab is working with the new release. But I had to use our Evaluation license to get it up and running. And I applied Update 1 - v7.1.1.1005 as well.

Thanks to all for the suggestions. Best of luck with your APM Labs and certification for AppMon 7.1 or beyond.

kurt_aigner
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I just updated the EasyTravel Demo page and replaced the license, which should now also work with 7.1.

Hi @Kurt A. the demo license in above link is expired. "AppMon easyTravel demo license for Dynatrace AppMon 2018 October (7.2). Valid until January 10th, 2020 with 5,000 agent hours and 100,000 UEM visits."

Please could you update with a valid demo license?

Thanks

AlanZ
Organizer

Will the easytravel 7.1 licence ending at the end of december be renewed ? Will a 7.2 easytravel licence be available soon ?

This license is renewed before expire, you will have to download a new one.