cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding AppMon Web Dashboards Disabled in 6.3

jacob_payne
Inactive

In AppMon 6.2, I was able to embed AppMon Web dashboards and individual charts in web pages for other systems; we used this to embed a service status widget on one of our home pages very easily.

However, we just upgraded to AppMon 6.3, and now that is broken because the AppMon server sets the "X-Frame-Options" header to "SAMEORIGIN" when our page requests the resource for embedding.

same-origins-dynatrace-web-embedd.png

Is there any way to turn that off or roll it back to 6.2 settings? Or is that a conscious decision on the part of AppMon to disallow chart and dashboard embedding?

Thanks,

Jake

9 REPLIES 9

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Jake,

Check out this post and see if it helps.

Hi Brett,

Thank you for the response, but that link appears to be specific to DCRUM. My question refers to AppMon 🙂

Thanks,

Jake

Hahaha, yeah, it is isn't it? *Doh*

It's quite alright, I bookmarked that link for my upcoming DCRUM deployment anyway 🙂

BTW, your last name is PAYNE! haha

Hey Brett,

I am eager to understand how did you fix this.Since I am stuck with DC RUM to disable X Frame option header in reports.I am not able to access the link

this post due to user access.It will be great help if you can share the solution once more.

Thanks in advance,

Debadyuti

Hi

I am also trying to find out how to disable the SAMEORIGIN header in DCRUM. The links above are now dead/access denied. Does anyone have an updated link for instructions on how to disable the SAMEORIGIN header in DCRUM?

Thanks

Kristel

jacob_payne
Inactive

Support has provided a debug flag that disables the X-Frame-Options header in AppMon 6.3 and 6.5 completely. See SUPDT-27581.

com.dynatrace.diagnostics.webui.disableXFrameOptionsHeader=true

Check out Brett's answer for a way to disable the SAMEORIGIN header in DCRUM.

debadyuti_sinha
Newcomer

Hi Kristel,

You can check this link once.It helped us to get it resolved.

https://support.dynatrace.com/supportportal/browse...

Thanks,

Debadyuti