cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Empty Generation 0, Generation 1, Generation 2 and Large Object Heap measures

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi all,

Why, in a monitored .NET application pool, I don't see any data for Generation 0, Generation 1, Generation 2 and Large Object Heap?

Regards, Josep Maria

9 REPLIES 9

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I think I've seen this before - it's probably because of an issue with the performance counters on the microsoft side. It looks like the following has resolved it for others:

At cmd run:
unlodctr .NetFramework and press Enter
cd to Microsoft.NET directory (C:\WINDOWS\microsoft.net\Framework\v4.0.30319)
lodctr corperfmonsymbols.ini
After, restarted service to collect memory data.

The fix was derived from this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/922775

HTH,

James

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hi Josep,

This could also be a permissions issue where the userID running the app pool does not have permissions to access perfmon stats. The username running the app pool has to have priviledges to the perfmon statistics and that user has to be a member of the Performance Monitored Users group.

HTH

NJ

I knew I remembered something simpler, I bet this the the case more likely.

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Thanks Ugochukwu, I will try it!

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi @Ugochukwu,

and how can I check if the user running the application pools has permissions to access perfmon stats? My customer says the user is member of Performance Monitored Users group:

but I don't see any data in Generation 0, Generation 1, Generation 2 and Large Object Heap for the monitored processes (for example for GotMaster-SECTOR):

Any ideas?

Hey Josep,

See screenshot below. I will also add the user to the Performance Log users groups as well. Got this info from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/969639

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks

NJ

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi,

with the user in Performance Log and restarting the IIS doesn't work either:

Any other suggestion?

Hi,

Are you able to see data for the counters in perfmon on the server i.e charting these counters in perfmon? If you are unable to see the data there you definitely will not be able to have them show up in Dynatrace. Open perfmon on the server and verify you are seeing data for these counters on the server.

Thanks

NJ

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Any news if/how you got it working?

I got the same problem. The user is in both gorups but I get no data and the permission denied error. I checked with perfmon and the data is all there.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net