Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Detection Rule

m_nasrudin
Guide

Hi,

I've create a error detection by specific Exception like shown below

But, when I open the error dashlet, in my exception rule not contain exception. Even though at exception dashlet, I found the exception with throwing class is same as when I create the error detection.

What wrong with my setting ??

5 REPLIES 5

mathieu_chatte1
Advisor

Hello,

You must configure the throwable class not the throwing class.

And the class must be an Exception Class

So, in your case, configure your rule with this throwable class :

net.penril.ib.middle.service.common.BusinessException

Regards,

Mathieu

Hi @Mathieu C.

Thanks for your question, but I want to mark transaction as failed when this exception from that throwing class only. Is there another way to create this ?

Regards,

Nasrudin

Hello @Muhammad N.

Unfortunately no, only PHP Errors can be configure with throwing class and throwing method.

Not for Java/.Net Errors.

But, you can try the suggestion of Nishant by creating a sensor on the throwing class and the throwing method :

https://answers.dynatrace.com/answers/159000/view.html

Regards,

Mathieu

Hi @Mathieu C.

I have an example exception that contain same message and same exception class, but different throwing class and throwing method, like below

When I drill down to purepath, you can see in the purepath tree contain this throwing method before exception occure

And this is the detail of the exception

What should I do ? I want to mark this transaction that contain this exception as failed transaction, I still confuse

Regards,

Nasrudin

Hello Nasrudin,

No possible to mark this transaction that contains this exception as failed transaction.

You can only mark trasaction as failed for all transaction throw BusinessException.

The only way to do this is to create a specific exception class extend BusinessException for verifLoginPassword method in the code.

Also with the suggestion of Nishant, i proposed you another way by creating an incident for alerting or reporting if it can answer to your wish.

Regards,

Mathieu