cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Detection - Unhanded Inter-tier Exception

How to exclude specific exception from unhandled inter-tier exceptions?

Exception is thrown by application is kind of business
validation and not really impact the application but it makes transaction to fail because of unhandled inter-tier exceptions. I just wonder to see if i can exclude it.

4 REPLIES 4

Radu
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

1) Unhandled inter-tier exceptions on their own shouldn't mark a transaction as failed unless it is propagated all throughout that PurePath and the transaction indeed fails due to an unhandled exception:

2) If you really want to disable a specific error, depending on the technology, you can do this in the sensor properties. This is found by going into the System Profile, selecting the relevant agent group, going into Sensor Configuration, and selecting 'properties' on the relevant sensor (e.g. Exceptions, .NET Exceptions, etc.). Here you will find a list of errors to exclude:

Regards,

Radu

We mark both unhandled and inter-tier exceptions to fail. Look at the screenshot below where you exception rule says "unhandled" and "inter-tier".

I tried to exclude that exception but it is still failed and that exception is not shown.

c_schwarzbauer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Sathish,

marking unhandled inter-tier exceptions as failed is independent from the exception sensor properties. an exception which is not caught at the end of a PurePath (more correctly: SubPath) will always be captured and if you mark unhandled inter-tier exceptions as failed, will always lead to a failure.

you'd have to turn off the error detection rule for unhandled inter-tier exceptions completely.

best,
Christian

I really don’t want to turn
off unhandled inter-tier exception completely as it caught real problems in
other scenarios (unhandled ones). It is a kind of situation where you exclude
just one exception class from unhandled inter-tier exception.