cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Error while connection PWH after Dynatrace migration

harish_pithode
Newcomer

We have migrated dynatrace 6.1 to 6.5. After migration while connecting to the Performance warehouse, we are facing the below error :
"Unable to create schema "DYNAPROD" ORA-01031 :: insufficient privileges.
The DB team has asked to provide the query against which the privilege is required. Could you kindly suggest what is causing this?

9 REPLIES 9

harish_pithode
Newcomer

error.png

Please refer attached screenshot for the error.

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Harish,

we're trying to create some new tables, maybe your schema was created manually and the dynatrace user doesn't have permissions for that? The SQL commands that we execute can be seen in .../server/conf/repository/<your dbms>/create.ddl

For 6.1 -> 6.5, the first statement that we'll try to execute is {{create table ac_stores}}.

Please convince your DBA to escalate the permissions of the dynatrace user for the migration, afterwards you can restrict it again. Best regards,

Peter

harish_pithode
Newcomer

Thank you Peter for pointing out to the ddl script. I see the script is huge.

Is there way to figure out what query in the script requires privilege escalation?

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

In a migration from 6.1 to 6.5, in the Oracle case, the first statement of this script to be executed is the procedure with the body {{execute immediate 'CREATE TABLE ac_stores (...)}}. Most commands are {{create table}} or {{create index}} commands, so I'm relatively certain that this first command will already be the correct one. If not, your DBA should be able to tell you which permissions this user has, and if it doesn't have create table etc. permissions, please ask him to provide them for the duration of the migration.

harish_pithode
Newcomer

We have raised support case for this.We have been provided the below privileges already. But still getting the same error. Pl see the snapshot:

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

One potential way to find out which statement causes the violation would be to give the ddl to the dba and have hime execute the statements after the {{create table ac_stores}} one, this should give a usefule error message. It's also possible that the dynatrace log "Repository.0.0.log" contains a meaningful error message, look for it in the System Information dashboard in the client or in the .../log/server folder of your dynatrace installation.

Hi Peter, We have got the DB team agreed upon the granting admin rights for the dynatrace User for short duration. I hope this works out well after after admin rights. If not I will update you on the same. Thanks for the help.

Hi Peter, We tried escalating (full) privileges to the DYNATRACE user, but this time we are getting the error :

"Unable to insert row for version 6.1.0.1000 in metadata table DYNAPROD.schema"
ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'SYSTEM'.

Could you pl. help?

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I didn't know that error, but googling revealed this:

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/36373/ora-0...
Could that be your issue?