cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception/error email alerting

mark_gavin_3
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to get an email everytime an exception or error appears in the log. They are showing up under exceptions/errors so they appear in dynatrace, just would like notification when a specific exception occurs.

Could you please help me configure this?

Attached is a screenshot of the error i want to be alerted on (from the exceptions section)

Thank you for any assistance.

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

miguel_balsa
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Mark!

First of all, you have to create a Measure on that exception. For this, right click on the Exception (in the Exceptions Dashlet) > Create Measure, give it a name an choose Server Side Performance > Functional Health > Exceptions > Count as the Metric.

Then, you go into your System Profile (right click, edit System Profile), click on Incidents on the left, then Create Incident Rule. There, give it a name and select the option that fits best your case. Go here for more information about this.

Add the measure that you just created. Then, click on the Actions tab, click on the "Send notification upon Incident Rule violation" and configure the email (email and recipients). I guess you have the email server configured, so that should be all.

Hope it helps 🙂

mark_gavin_3
Contributor

That's great thank you very much it works!

Mark