cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Exceptions Missing from Exception Dashboard

brian_nolan
Newcomer

I am researching an issue that requires me to look into a large number of exceptions. I have found that on both of our dynatrace server instances (PreProd and Prod) that not all exceptions are showing up in the Exceptions Dashboard. We have an application exception log that is logging very specific exceptions, but when I look for them in the exception dashboard I only see some of them. It looks as if they are sampled, or that not only a subset of of them are being logged. The behavior is the same regardless of the timescale that I choose... even 15-30 mins seems to limit the result.

Is this expected behavior?

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Can you provide an example of such an exception/log (hide any confidential data you would like). There's rules in place that only capture certain logs and exceptions so it may not be meeting these default settings.
James

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Brian, I second James's suggestion to post an example, that would help.

Keep in mind that there are certain exceptions that are (by default) excluded. These exclusion rules can be seen and modified by going into the AgentGroup-> Sensor Configuration -> Properties (Exception Sensor). For example, we're ignoring java.* and sun.* pattern amongst others for Java Tiers.