cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Exclude User action from visit

SSelvaraj11
Guide

We have a " page load" user action that is happening in out application . We are trying to remove the user action from visits . so I added exclude rules for web server and .Net Web Request sensors .

The user action is not excluded , But I dont see the request in web request / Purepath dashlet . How can i exclude the User action from visits ?

3 REPLIES 3

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I could be wrong but I think the only way to do this would be to manually instrument your pages and not instrument the page you would like to skip. Is there a particular reason you don't want tracking on this page?

EDIT: You could also set up that page as a unique application and set the slider to not instrument UEM for that "application".

This is a page that is being processed while loading our application (.axd) which does not have page title . And this is coming in our top landing pages tile without page name , which we are trying to exclude .

How does the User Experience UIR specific injection will work for this . Lets say , if I specify URI pattern and say 'do no inject on this agent' , will it stop injection for all the subsequent pages also in a visit ?

I would be careful how you define to not put it on that page as if you did something like a contains or starts with "/" then you would miss on the subsequent pages. Ideally it would have a unique name otherwise you might have to look into the manual injection apporach