cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data to 3rd party tool

christian_schm1
Inactive

Hi all,

We are currently trying to have a better understanding of how we could export data from dT into another tool. Is there any other way than this one:

1. creating a dashboard

2. Get the data in a XML form via REST API?

3. Parse it and so on..

I don't really like this cause if the dashboard is changed (or simply the resolution of your dashboard...), obviously the data you get via the XML are not coherent with previous one anymore...

Thanks in advance,

Christian

3 REPLIES 3

nva_dt
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Christian,

You can export via HTTP the Business Transaction feeds to another tool (it works with Splunk for example). Just tick the box for some built-in transactions.

In the next release, I think we can export the Omnichannel dashboard (cached transaction flow). I'm trying to find where I read that.

Regards,

Nic

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I have a YouTube Tutorial on Talking REST with Dynatrace. There i explain how you can get data out of dynatrace or push it out through what Nic mentioned: Real Time Business Transaction Feed

The new option that Nic mentioned is getting introduced with Dynatrace 6.3 (released Feb 29 2016 - so - next monday). We call it "PureLytics Stream" which streams data via JSON to an HTTP Endpoint. The main integration point for that is ElasticSearch but you can use any data endpoint as it is simply JSON. You find more information in the Dynatrace 6.3 Release Notes

christian_schm1
Inactive

Thanks for your inputs.

Regading the type of data I want to get (not only EUM or BT related metrics but also some system or jvm related metrics), I think I will stick to the XML reports via REST.

I will nonetheless have a look at the youtube tutorial 🙂

Christian