cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Email plugin PDF

dortega
Participant

Hello,

Set up my extended plugin correctly, but the PDF attachment does not contain any information, it is empty. Reviewing the logs does not look something abnormal, what could be happening?

Regards!

8 REPLIES 8

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Diana

Is the PDF always empty? or just for certain Incidents?

dortega
Participant

Hi Andreas,

Always empty.

Thanks!

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I would try hitting the URL that it is using to generate the report directly and logging in with the credentials you're using in the plugin to see if you can access the report that way to see if it's a plugin issue or permissions (or possible something else) related. If you turn up the logging on the plugin it will probably show up in the logs.

James

dortega
Participant

Hi James,

I followed the mentioned steps and the file is still empty. Any other solution or need to raise a case?

Are you saying that by hitting the report url directly you are getting an empty report? Support can't really investigate issues with community plugins but if you are able to demonstrate that the rest call is at issue they may be able to look at it. If you did try, what report call does it look like the plugin is making?

James ,

Attached image when downloading and hitting the report url directly.

Thanks!

Interesting - I don't have any ideas but you may be able to work with support on that as it seems independent of the plugin so a ticket is an option.

Ok , thanks !