cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended mail action plugin: Issue with filtering options

Hello

I have installed the Extended mail action plugin, i try to filter on agent group but that doesn't work.

I get this error, what does this mean?

2014-10-24 13:46:29 SEVERE [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] execute method: java.lang.RuntimeException exception occurred. Message = 'isSourceNamesAndHostsMatches method: incorrect SourceType 'AgentGroup' was passed to the method.'; Stacktrace is 'java.lang.RuntimeException: isSourceNamesAndHostsMatches method: incorrect SourceType 'AgentGroup' was passed to the method.
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.getPattern(MailExecutor.java:658)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.isSourceNamesMatches(MailExecutor.java:735)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.isEmailNeeded(MailExecutor.java:551)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.processEmails(MailExecutor.java:439)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.execute(MailExecutor.java:400)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.ExtendedMailAction.execute(ExtendedMailAction.java:76)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.UserPluginManager.executePlugin(SourceFile:745)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ActionPluginExecutor.execute(SourceFile:32)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ActionPluginExecutor.execute(SourceFile:14)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.ServerJobCenterRegistry.a(SourceFile:192)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.ServerJobCenterRegistry.a(SourceFile:415)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.ServerJobCenterRegistry.execute(SourceFile:339)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.SchedulerJob.a(SourceFile:101)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.SchedulerJob.work(SourceFile:92)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.SchedulerJob.executeJobInfo(SourceFile:241)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.QuartzJob.execute(SourceFile:45)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.QuartzThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SourceFile:788)
'
2014-10-24 13:46:29 SEVERE [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] execute method: java.lang.RuntimeException exception occurred. Message = 'isSourceNamesAndHostsMatches method: incorrect SourceType 'AgentGroup' was passed to the method.'; Stacktrace is 'java.lang.RuntimeException: isSourceNamesAndHostsMatches method: incorrect SourceType 'AgentGroup' was passed to the method.
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.getPattern(MailExecutor.java:658)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.isSourceNamesMatches(MailExecutor.java:735)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.isEmailNeeded(MailExecutor.java:551)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.processEmails(MailExecutor.java:439)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.MailExecutor.execute(MailExecutor.java:400)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.ExtendedMailAction.execute(ExtendedMailAction.java:76)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.UserPluginManager.executePlugin(SourceFile:745)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ActionPluginExecutor.execute(SourceFile:32)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sdk.ActionPluginExecutor.execute(SourceFile:14)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.ServerJobCenterRegistry.a(SourceFile:192)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.ServerJobCenterRegistry.a(SourceFile:415)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.ServerJobCenterRegistry.execute(SourceFile:339)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.SchedulerJob.a(SourceFile:101)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.SchedulerJob.work(SourceFile:92)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.SchedulerJob.executeJobInfo(SourceFile:241)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.QuartzJob.execute(SourceFile:45)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at com.dynatrace.diagnostics.scheduling.impl.QuartzThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SourceFile:788)
'removeActionEntry method returned 'false' what means that sharedPp object in the SHARED_PROPERTIES map is different from what needs to be removed. Internal error.

If i remove the agent group the i receive the email alerts,

Remark: I i filter on agent or agent server then also don't receive alerts (in logging no erros found)

To be sure: i have a agent group PR_MainDatabase with one agent PR_MainDatabase HostDSN xxxxxxx

If i filter on:

group --> PR_MainDatabase

agent --> PR_MainDatabase

agentserver --> xxxxxx 

Is this correct? 

Thx 

5 REPLIES 5

eugene_turetsk2
Inactive

Hi Steven,

Please deploy the updated version of the Extended Mail Action plugin from here. Let me know if you still have issues with the plugin.

Eugene. 

Thx, i have the latest plugin version now,

The error is gone but i still don't get an notification,

If no filter is used (server, agent, agent group) i receive many alarms (including the one that i need).

From the moment that i add a filter the alarm generation stops. 

Hi Steve,

Please perform the following steps:

1. Cut and paste the following HTML file into the Body Header parameter area
  2. Check box of the HTML Mail Format parameter
  3. Re-deploy the following plugin's jar file which has extended logging
  4. Set plugin's logging level to FINER
  5. Trigger the incident in question, gather notification e-mail(s) from the plugin and plugin's FINER log file
  6. Add filter(s)
  7. Repeat step #5 (except no e-mails will be sent now)
  8. Send me (eugene.turetsky@compuware.com ) or attached here notification e-mail(s) and two FINER log files

Let me know if you have further questions.

Eugene.

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello All,

Can someone provide me the link for Extended mail action plugin. I would like to download and use it for our application.

Thanks,

Prathyusha

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/Extended+EMail+Action+Plugin