cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the trial license

Hello,

Is there an option to extend the trial license? I'm planning a side by side migration moving my AppMon installation from the old to new servers. I won't use configuration or data backups because it will be a blank installation on new servers and I will re-create the configuration manually.

Best regards,

Guntars

1 REPLY 1

andrew22
Inactive

Hey Guntars,

It looks like you should be able to extend the time of the free trial as per the terms of the personal license:

"... At or near the conclusion of the 30-day free trial you may receive an e-mail from Dynatrace asking you if you wish to continue the 30-day free trial. If you do wish to continue the free trial, you may be asked to provide input about your experiences during the prior 30 days with the Dynatrace product."

After the trial your license will be automatically extended to a personal license that does not expire but is limited to monitoring on the local machine.

You may be alright to do the migration with your current license, you just won't be able to connect any agents until the correct license is applied. It might be easier to do a https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT65/Upgrade+and+Migration+Guide: .