A customer of mine discovered a very strange Application within the "Auto-detected Application by Host" list, which it seems related to a drug website, so the Security team is worried that someone can access their Test environment from those websites, and they asked me to find more details on the transactions collected by Dynatrace and labeled as such.
Now, here's my train of thoughts:
1) if there's an Auto-detected app, there must have been a PurePath at least, containing transactions coming from that Host, which must have created the new voice in the App list.
2) So if there has been a PP, the DTServer must have calculated some measures of it, like standard PP Response Time, or some splits by the built-in Business Transactions.
It's likely that later in time, some Custom Application have probably covered similar results, so I'm not expecting recent results for that App, but definitely there should be some trace in the Session Storage/PWH for the first collected transactions.
Currently I'm checking BT's splits, PurePath details, and the splitting results for standard measures as PurePath response time, but I got nothing so far.
What other ways could I try? Maybe querying the Performance Warehouse?
Thanks a lot for your help,
EDIT: I can see that App in the Filter list, but not in the "Splitting Value ...." list, even when selecting a timeframe that covers since the system has been installed.
Your customer is not selling drugs.Then probably the only hits that have arrived, will be a failed transaction. Can you check the metric Failed transaction count to see if there has been something on this application?
Anyway it is pretty weird your situation (not seeing ti on the splitting of the metrics).
Thanks for your reply David,
I can confirm you that my customer is not selling drugs 🙂 Unfortunately same as Count & RT, even Failed transaction count does not show results of those apps.
I've set a graph with a timeframe of 5 days and moved forward since the first measure (around December 2015) to today, and checked the table for each result split.
EDIT: also, Low resolution measures purge is off, so I should be able to find something.
Could it be that it was so quick, maybe a simple web request, that started a new application, but no measure have been calculated?
UPDATE: The app I'm looking for it's shown only as possible split result for "Visits" measures, such as Visit Count and Bounce Rate, but trying to chart these measures returned me the same result: "No measurements available for selected Timeframe". So strange that it's in the list, but not able to be charted..
Please see this post: https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/75550/appl...
I think it will help explain how the application came to exist.
I don't have any insight on how to dig deeper into the old PurePath/PWH data...
I met the same problem on my platform, there are many application auto-detected by dynatrace but there are not my application, and I could not open the post, it said I have no access right. I would like to know how the application detected by dynatrace. Thank you so much.