Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Request Parameter for analysis

jonathan_tailly
Inactive

We would like to create a report
outside Dynatrace based on a Request Parameter. The goal of the report is to be
able to identify the positive and negative attempts per users.

When a user logs in, he has to enter his username. In this
case, we capture the username as a request parameter in the sensor configuration. We created a business
transaction to capture the statistics on logins. Originally I thought we could
use splittings by username but we have so many users that we will need to
capture and keep a lot of data if we use this approach. Is there
another way to extract the data, either by extracting the PurePaths and searching through
them or by doing another type of extract in Dynatrace?

2 REPLIES 2

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Jonathan,

I'm a bit lost in your request, but it sounds like you would like to use an external tool to correlate data for each user on if they were able to log in or not.

I would look at either the Purelytics stream (added in 6.3) to push data to your Kibana instance or for a more generic approach use the BT Transaction Feed where you would be able to export your BT to a big data solution. These solutions would be able to get around the issue of too many splits and truly evaluate the per user situation.

For something entirely in Dynatrace I would look into aggregating some of this information to see how many total login and failures I would look at setting up a calculate results to look at the PurePaths to diagnose the number of success vs failures off of your login filter with just the standard application splits or possibly split on success/failures. With the right configuration I thing you may be able to use a visit transaction and be able to tell the high level metrics of how many success/failures happen in the aggregated visits. This would allow you to determine the scale of this issue and then look at the first option.

HTH,

Kyle

jonathan_tailly
Inactive

Thank you Kyle! You understood my request correctly and you confirmed what I was thinking. I'll accept your answer tomorrow morning if nobody has another way of parsing the information.