cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

FInd specific Purepaths

amwatson
Participant

I would like to extract a header value from a Web Request and use it to "mark" Purepaths. The idea would be to locate a particular set of Purepaths using this value. (UEM is not enabled.) I have a Business Transaction splitting measure which successfully extracts this value, but there could be hundreds of thousands of variations of this value on a daily basis. So a BT split by that measure doesn't seem like the right answer, as it quickly hits the splitting limit and gets automatcially disabled, I suppose to protect the Performance Warehouse. think this ends up being a BT, but I'm not quite sure how to approach it. Is this doable in Dynatrace AppMon?

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Andrew,

Id recommend using the meaure you have for split to be moved to the filter table instead. This would elminate the splitting issue and focus only on the purepaths you need. hope this helps.

rick_boyd
Mentor

Keep your BT as you had it but shut off "Store Results in Performance Warehouse" as you don't need to be able to chart it. You can use the search feature (magnifying glass in the top panel) to search for full or partial values in the split of configured Business Transactions. We have a UUID which is generated for all of our log messages, and use this functionality to do the lookup to find PurePaths which generated the log

Hope that helps,

Rick B