cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Transaction Count/Percentage Series Inconsistent Data

roger_houle
Participant

I have created a dashboard to review a previous quarter's performance data. When I refresh the Failed Transaction Count and Failed Transaction Percentage series, my results will sometimes change. The timeframe for the series is for months which have already passed yet the numbers aren't consistent. If I refresh repeatedly in a short period of time, the values stay the same. If I wait and refresh every once in a while, the numbers either increase or decrease. I have attached two pictures to show an example of the fluctuation. This example just shows a variance in June.

Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

This is indeed very weird. These numbers come from the performance warehouse and should therefore stay consistent. Any errors in the server log files? Frontend or Backend? Maybe a glitch with the performance warehouse where there was a problem in retrieving all data?

Here are a couple errors I noticed at the same time I performed a refresh on the dashboard.

FrontendServer

2016-07-22 13:03:42 INFO [ApiPriorityMap] Unable to get sensor 'com.dynatrace.diagnostics.sensorgroup.method..NET.39161ac8e9684' -> api priority cannot be set Suppressing this warning for another 60000 ms.

Server


2016-07-22 13:03:47 WARNING [DefaultChartProcessor] Too many incidents for incident rule 'Host Availability' on 'ProfileName' found (count: 3107, limit: 500). Only a subset with 500 incidents will be returned. [log message will be suppressed for 30 minutes]

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You might want to open a support ticket and attach your support archive. maybe there is an issue with your deployment that causes these data gaps

andi

Thank you Andreas. There is currently a support ticket open, I had created this post before just to see if there was something I was missing. I will post the findings from the support ticket here.

roger_houle
Participant

Just to wrap this up. I was not able to find out the cause of this issue. I did try removing and creating the dashlet again after our Dynatrace server was restarted and this resolved the issue.

thanks for the update. even though it is sad to not know what caused the problem