cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed login by LDAP with blank bind DN and bind password

na_li1
Inactive

Hi,

I have already set up the LDAP on dyantrace server, and test connection successfully.
But when I want to login by LDAP, it failed with "The username or password you entered is incorrect. Please try again."

The LDAP can be used by other applications. But the other application's setting is just fill the BaseDN, Host, Port, and check an option like "use NTLM to certificate".

I don't find any options like this option, but I can't get any information about Bind DN and Bind password. And I check the documentation, the Bind DN and Bind password can be blank.

So where is the fault of my case?

Thanks,

Minnie

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Minnie,

A quick question that after configured the LDAP, did you import the user/groups?.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/administration/user-permissions-and-authentication/#UserPermissionsandAuthentication-Groups

Regards,

Babar

na_li1
Inactive

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your reply, the documentation mentioned:

" If LDAP is used for user authentication, there is no need to create user accounts manually. The AppMon security system creates a local account when a user first logs in with an LDAP account. User accounts have the Use LDAP Authentication option set by default. The Full Name and Email are kept in sync with LDAP. The AppMon security system assigns membership to LDAP groups automatically, according to the LDAP configuration. These groups are dimmed in the User Preferences dialog box and you cannot map them manually. However, you can add LDAP accounts to local user groups. For non-LDAP users added to AppMon, there is no difference between LDAP groups and locally defined user groups."

It doesn't mention I need to import an LDAP group on dynatrace server.

Why I need to create an LDAP group first?

Thanks,

Minnie

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Minnie,

You don't need to create LDAP groups but you will have to import the groups first and then users will be automatically registered on the first login.

You can also add the LDAP users in the local groups if required.

Regards,

Babar