cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Failing the AJAX Calls

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear All,

We have an application with the UEM 'Manual Injection' and we found that after 'Disable cache' in the browser few 'AJAX' calls are failing and throwing the 400 error.

What could be the expected issue?

Regards,

Babar

6 REPLIES 6

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Babar,

what does the web server (agent) log(s) say? Since it's a 400 'Bad Request' response code, there should be some error message on the server that handles the request. Best regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply. We have iPlanet web servers which are not supported by Dynatrace officially, therefore, we adopted this manual injection technique.

I spoke to developer and he said the resources are distributed on the Web and App, so we injected the Dynatrace JavaScript function into the 'login.html' which is on the Web Server as a landing page, then 'Index.html' and application's common JavaScript to make sure that we are not missing any AJAX calls and User Actions etc...

What else we can do to avoid these 'Bad Requests'?

Regards,

Babar

Hmm, tricky. So, does it work with caching enabled?

Hello Peter,

Exactly. It works with caching enabled and partially works with the caching disabled.

When we disable the cache then almost half of the AJAX calls thrown as a 'Bad Request'.

Regards,

Babar

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I think you may want to open a support ticket for this with a fiddler trace and a support archive. Sounds like a complex issue to me.

Hello Peter,

We are trying to figure out this on our side but parallel opening a support ticket to expedite the solution.

Regards,

Babar