cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Filter out specific database exceptions

birtan_ozel
Inactive

Hello,

I want to exclude some specific database exceptions from the purepath. In the errors settings of the system profile all error rules have filter options to filter out specific error messages, but the database exceptions dont allow the configuration of filter options.

So i configured the Exception Sensors to filter out specific error messages. But what happens now is, that i am not able to see the exception error message in the purepath tree, but the database queries are still tagged as failed and in the errors dashlet the database exceptions are still listed.

How can I filter these exceptions out completely, so the database queries dont get flagged as failed and I dont see the errors in the errors dashlet.

Thanks,

Birtan

8 REPLIES 8

dennis_mispelba
Inactive

I just reviewed what we have and I dont see any other possibility at the moment. I agree, if looking at the "Error detection" options in the system profile, there is no way of excluding a single DB exception. What you could just achieve is to exclude ALL the DB exceptions, which I dont think is what you are looking for.

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

RFE and maybe changing the severity of some of them, it could be nice 🙂

david_alonso
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If you do the RFE pingme, I'll vote for it.

I will create the RFE and let you know when i do so.

birtan_ozel
Inactive

I've voted it

Voted it!

PS: the link is not clickable.. 😕

Ciao, Raff

Its clickable now 😉