cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Visits with number of a specific UA

francesco_gigli
Participant

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a BT to find all the visits that have a number of a specific UA. For example, I would like to find all visits that does more than two times the UA "Loading of Page /mypage.aspx".

What kind of measure should I create in order to filter the BT?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Francesco,

The easy way to do this, is to find what you want to count, then right click on it and create a measure to be used for your filter.

In your case, it sounds like a User Actions Count measure will be what you end up using.

You will want to set your upper sever threshold to 3.0 for your visit based BT to get the visits that loaded the page more than 2 times.

HTH,

dave

Hello Dave,

I already created a measure in that way and the relative BT, but I set the threshold to 2.0 since I want to capture the Visit when the action is counted 2 or more times.

Unfortunately, with that BT right now we are also capturing Visits that perform the action one time only (in addiction to visits that perform the action two or more times), why?

Thanks

That is odd. Can you post screenshots of the measure and the BT definition?

Hello Dave, please see my reply to Klaus.

Thanks

KlausEnzenhofer
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Francesco,

I just tried it and here is how i configured the measure and the BT. I highlighted some of the key things to care about. BT needs to be based on visits and the filter metric needs to count. The measure needs an upper severe limti.

Hello Klaus,

this is how I defined them, that is as you showed.

However, my BT does not find any visit.

I did another BT based upon a Web Request measure, and this one captures visits with two or more login WR. In the results I see both visits with one UA of "Loading loginNew.aspx" (containing two or more login WR) and visits with two UA "Loading loginNew.aspx". I am expecting that the latter visits are also captured by my first BT, but they're not.

Do you have any clue?

Thanks

Hi Francesco,

The config of the measure is wrong. You are trying to capture an action that loads the page with the URL "/pages/LoginNew.aspx". Right? A loading page has only a specific page where it starts but not where it ends. You have to move the URL to the second part of the config where it is about the end and remove what you have in the starting page section of the config.

Also take a look at the dashboard time frame set it to 2 hours because you won't get a result before the visit timeout (default 30min).

Cheers Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I moved the URL and now the BT seems to correctly get the visits with 2 or more login.

Thank you!

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Francesco,

Are you waiting long enough? Visit based BTs only evaluate after the visit ends.

You might try Sum aggregation instead of Count for the Filter, but I doubt this will change your results.

HTH,

dave