cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Frustrated Visits response time

rajanikanthanka
Inactive

Hi,

I know the visits by UserExperience: Frustrated, Tolerating
and Satisfied that these values are based on user action pure
paths, which includes data center time as well as the end user browser time. Is there a way to distinguish the amount of time
for a response within the data center and outside the data center. For example,
if a user is frustrated, is the response time within the data center the issue
or is it a slow connection between the ISP and the end user?

Thanks,

Rajanikanth

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

There's a column for network time in the user action PurePaths. This will give you an estimate of how much time was spent transporting the content, you can compare this to the server time which is based on what your server side agents can see. Any remaining time can be things like time spent processing within the browser.

To populate that network time field there are two steps:

1. Within the user experience settings turn on "bandwidth calculation" which operates by sending an image file back and forth to get an estimate of the client's connection speed
  2. In the servlets/web requests sensor configuration for the appropriate agent group enable the checkbox to be capture request/response size

When both of these settings are made the network time field will be populated and this may give you the type of information you're looking for.

James

Hi James,

Can you please check below images. Will I be able to differentiate server side and network contribution by enabling this settings and see what time is exactly took for particular action ?

bandwidth-calc1.png

bandwidth-calc2.png

sensor-placement.png

These two configs:

Will result in the following addition to your user action purepaths:

Got it. Yes I see it in Sensor configuration from agent group. Thank you James 🙂

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi Rajanikant,

and then you can use de Network Contribution as a Result Measure for a BT 🙂

Regards!