cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Execution Plugin Not Generating Log files

miguel_balsa
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I'm using the Generic Execution Plugin to create Web Services Calls on Incidents. To test if the Incident is actually being raised, I also added an Email Notification. This is how I know that the incident has been actually fired.

The issue is that, even though the incident is fired, there are no logs generated. Earlier today one log was generated, but it disappeared. On the file that I attached there is just a 3kb log file with useless information. I created a custom Incident rule that gets fired almost every minute, and even though I'm receiving the emails, there is no logs anywhere.

I'm attaching a lot of Screenshots to explain the situation 🙂

Also, I'd like to know where I can see the answer from the server that receive the calls, since I was able to see this when I used the Plugin as a Task.

2 REPLIES 2

miguel_balsa
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

The incident is being triggered almost everyminute as I'm receiving the email. So the problem is not knowing why the Plugin is not being executed / not creating any logs at all

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Miguel,

as far as I can tell from the source code (here: https://github.com/Dynatrace/Dynatrace-Generic-Exe...), it should log only when there's some sort of failure, or if you set the log level to FINER.

Are you not getting the service calls on the other end?

The way to retrieve results is via setting up measures (that's probably limited to numbers only), you'll have to parse the result, maybe for some sort of return code.

Best regards,

Peter