cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Execution plugin action - how to connect with dynamic host using ssh?

Hi,

I'm trying to restart the apache or a java application servers after an incident related to "Application Process Unavailable or Shutdown". To do that, I need to connect with host related to incident, using SSH, and execute the following command : "service apache start", for example.

But, I,m configuring the Host parameter of GEP with the variable ${AGENT_HOST) in order to dinamically connect with a different hosts and It doesn't transform the variable to true hostname to make de connection properly.

Am I doing something wrong?

Error Message:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px '.SF NS Text'; color: #ff932e}

2018-08-07 09:47:58 SEVERE [GenericExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugin.extendedexecutor.GenericExecutionPlugin.action] setup method: password authentication: IOException, stacktrace is 'java.io.IOException exception occurred. Message = 'There was a problem while connecting to ${AGENT_HOST}:22'; Stacktrace is '''

2018-08-07 09:47:58 SEVERE [GenericExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugin.extendedexecutor.GenericExecutionPlugin.action] setup method: java.lang.IllegalStateException exception occurred. Message = 'Connection is not established!'; Stacktrace is ''

Reginaldo

0 REPLIES 0