cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Get a list of the external API calls

I am wondering how I could get a list of all the external API service calls being done for a single application. Assuming that the right methods have already been defined as an external API service call, I didn't figure out how to create a business transaction that would list them all...

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Michael,

Have you tried to do a Business Transaction where you split on the measure that defines the external API calls? So just thinking here you could have a BT where it FILTERS by having an invocation of an external api, then use the SPLIT on the external API name? If your dealing with a bunch of external apis it may be wise to uncheck the store data in the performance warehouse option when configuring said BT. Thanks.

Nathan,

From what I understand, there are some pre-defined methods from sensor packs that are already defined as external call (like getinputstream). I would have like to avoid to specify method names and take advantage of the method metric called External API Service Pattern Value, but didn't really figure out how to make it work