cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Getting Error while pulling reports from dashboard

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Hi,

Getting below error while pulling reports from dashboard. Its happening for only two dashboard.

Report failed: com.dynatrace.diagnostics.server.shared.reporting.exception.ReportRender
Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The workbook already contains a sheet of this name

Regards,
Suraj Gupta

11 REPLIES 11

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Suraj,

What AppMon version? I suspect maybe you have two tabs with the same name. But I tested on v6.5.10 and it created a different name for the duplicate in my case. Can you verify you do not have tabs with the same name in your dashboard?

Thanks,

dave

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Hi Dave,

I am using the same version 6.5.10 and i don't see any duplicate dashboard with same name.

Even I've saved this dashboard with different name but still getting the same error.

Regards,

Suraj Gupta

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I actually was referring to duplicate dashlets within the dashboard. Can you provide a screenshot or xml for the dashboard?

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Please find the snapshot

I see nothing obvious wrong, so hopefully someone else has ideas.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Suraj,

Can you please provide an XML export of the dashboard? I see that you have enabled "Toggle Headers", so if some of the dashlets with the same name might not be visible.

Regards,

Harshal.

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

r7-user-traffic-view-application-24-hours-reportda.zipHi Harshal,

Attached XML file for this dashboard.

Regards,

Suraj Gupta

The problem is in XL itself, By default the max length of XL sheetname can be 31 Character long. This is why some names might be Truncated, leading this kind of exception.

Usually, you should have separate dashboards for monitoring and separate one for reporting.

Thanks Rajesh, you are right.

harshal_pujari
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Suraj,

It seems like you attached the wrong dashboard, the dashlet names are different.

P.S. I was able to report an Excel file from this dashboard in my 6.5.4 client.

Regards,

Harshal.

suraj_kumar_gup
Inactive

Yes Rajesh, you are right. we are using two different dashboard for monitoring and reporting. The one which i attached is for reporting. Even our report schedules are failing and getting error while pulling reports manually.

what do you mean by XL sheet name? Dashboard or dashblet name?