cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Getting exception in dynatrace server log - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

rsubramanian
Guide

When I am trying to start dynatrace server, not starting & when checked the logs, I see below exception in Server.0.0.log. The server has 32 GB of Memory & I am running 2 dynatrace servers in the box.

dynaTrace Server NOT started successfully: com.dynatrace.diagnostics.server.ServerBundleActivator start:634
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

The reason for above error is due to memory allocation issue?
2 REPLIES 2

bchintapalli
Participant

@Wolfgang B. Any answer for this ? We are also having the same error with appmon 7.2 which triggers the above error and terminates the process ofthe collector.

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

How do you configured XMS and XMX parameters for collector? Using embedded collector is not recommended on other usage than poc/test.

If you have 16gb of ram (for example) on host and you have configured dt to use it all (via GUI) it can be not enough free memory for collector which needs by default 2gb as I remember.

The same situation is for main question of author of this thread. Using two instances of appmon server on the same host is risky. Even if you will pick sizing in dt with amount of memory, dt can allocate more than this. This is optimization when there is more resources than configured (sizing is based on huge steps so it can be situation than you are missing 2gb of ram and because of this you cannot use bigger sizing)

Because of this dt servers working parallel can exhaust memory

Sebastian