cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Group External services in single container when zoomed in

I have an application that uses many external services. These are discovered and mapped in the transaction flow. These services are from many different domains and therefor groups into these.

When I look at the Transaction Flow for 72hrs or more, ALL these calls are grouped into "External Services".

Is there a way to force Dynatrace to group all external call no matter which timeframe/zoomlevel you are using.

I tried the "Oberserved Tier", but then I need to know beforehand about these services.

Any suggestions?

Running on AppMon 6.5

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Thomas

Not sure I fully understand what you try to accomplish. Is it that you want dynatrace to group ALL external calls into ONE SINGLE external node?

Andi

Yes, I would like to control if Dynatrace would group by domain or into one singe container.

Unfortunately this is not possible in the moment. the only alternative would be to define custom sensors for outgoing external calls and define a common external service name. BUT - that would only work if you turn off the web service or web request sensor and define your own sensors for it which would cause you to loose good basic functionality

andi