cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have an Incident made up of other Incidents.

ashleyt
Newcomer

We have several dashboards with lots of separate incident groups, and with the growing number of dashboards, we would like to have a "global" dashboard, which has a single incident for each the individual dashboards.

Now I know we can copy all the individual incident conditions into 1 single incident, but any modification to the individual incidents, now require additional maintenance to the global incident.

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If you are only interested in representing this on a dashboard, you are able to add multiple incidents to an incident chart. So really you would just need to add each of the incidents for a given dashboard to that one incident chart and if any one of them turns red then the incident chart will turn red as well.

Would this work or is there some other requirement?

James

ashleyt
Newcomer

Hi James,

Yes we are merely trying to get it for dashboard purposes, but your solution does not seem to work for me, as adding additional Incidents to an incident Chart, merely adds more boxes to the chart. This is how our individual system dashboards currently work.

If there is a trick to getting multiple incidents into a single box, that would be great.

Kind regards,

Ashley

Oops yep, there's one additional step: right click on the chart and there's a "split chart" option. If you deselect this option the incidents will all be merged into one chart.

James

Hi James,

Thank you, this is what I needed.

Kind regards,

Ashley