cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Heap Memory Alert Configuration

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hello All,

I want to create alert for heap memory. Some of the heap related parameters below

GC Heap Used
Heap - Resident Set Size
Heap Used
Total Heap

not giving me any outputs. Could you please suggest garbage collection measures and heap memory are related . Can I make chart or alert for garbage collection and indirectly monitor heap memory.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

5 REPLIES 5

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Which technology is your agent built on? Do you see GC/Memory metrics when you go to process card in appmon? If there you have empty charts as well you should consider checking logs in order to find issues. It is possible that agent somehow doesn't have access to all metrics. For example for .NET such configuration may need proper permissions + flag i registry.

Sebastian

Hi @sebastian k.
Thanks for the reply. I am having java agents connected as appmon.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

And do you see GC metrics in built in process dashboard?

HI @sebastian k.

Thanks for the reply. I do see GC metrics in inbuilt process dashboard.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Do In general you have to be sure that you picked proper measures from available list if you don't have results on dashboards. Not all available measures may have values, some of them may be not working on newer version of systems etc. I don't have extra ideas unfortunately. Last thing I have in mind is checking if such metrics aren't available as JMX beans. In such case you can configure custom JMX measure. (this may need enabling on process level).

Sebastian