cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello All, what is the difference between response time and load time and its been calculated?

sangeetha_mitta
Organizer

@Sangeetha Mitta

6 REPLIES 6

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello @Sangeetha M.

Response Time: Represents the time spent on the server that had an impact on the user action response time. It is calculated by summing up the time each web request spends on the server, whereas overlapping times are counted only once. If the duration of a web request exceeds the user action response time, only the time until the end of the response time is added.

Load Time: Represents the load time of the Document Object Model (DOM) of a specific user action.

Regards,

Babar

Thank you Babar:)
Can you please elaborate on this specific dashboard?
How its been calculated?

Hello @Sangeetha M.

The dashboard is comprised on the response time and the load which is count (means number of request).

Regards,

Babar

Thank You:)
In my dynatrace setup there is data mismacth between client and the web
For this I have raised support ticket I got below reply from them. I could not understand what they are trying to say
Could you please explain me further.

"Just after discussion with development, it occurs that those two will not be comparable.
  • In webUI ,we show general metrics of the applications as you can see on the table header:User action throughput, user action duration ,failed user actions,purepath count,purepath response time,failed purepaths.
  • I the client, The view aggregates data from the business transactions from the drilldown view( based on on so called monitored business transactions) so it is possible to customize data by selecting different monitored BTs. This is also the reason in the client you only se one number, and not split up by user actions and purepaths.

Hello @Sangeetha M.

I am not aware with the whole subject but the aggregation means that you can manipulate with the data e.g. min, avg, max, sum, count, percentile etc...

Regards,

Babar

thank you:)