cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Team, May I request for your help on how to monitor MQ Queues?

srinivasarao_as
Organizer

We are given MQ Queue details as given below and asked to monitor the Queue and create dashboard

MQ Queue Manager name, Host,
Port,
Channel,
Queue name,
username,
password.

We tried to view metrics to the given messaging queue through the message dashlet
System Profile -> Diagnose Performance -> Messaging.
However, we do not find Queue manager or any details regarding the queue.
Then we tried to configure the Queue through
System profile-->Edit profile-->Monitor-->MQ queue Monitoring Plugin. We could configure the given Queue but in vain.

Could you please help on how to monitor the Queue and get the metrics?

@suryasrinivas

5 REPLIES 5

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Surya,

There are two following questions:

Did you install and configure the WebSphere Message Broker Agent?

Below is the link for better understanding:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Secondly you can use the dynaTrace FastPack for WebSphere MQ enables easy out-of-the-box monitoring of WebSphere MQ Queues, Topics and Subscriptions. The FastPack consists of a custom Monitor, Sample Profile and Dashboards.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have a confusion. I could see MQ Queues Monitors plugin (MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated) is already installed.

(Verified under System Profile-->Monitors-->create-->"MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated". ).

When I requested my admin to install "FastPack for WebSphere MQ" to monitor MQ Queues, I was questioned, "MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated" is already installed, still, Why "FastPack for WebSphere MQ" is needed?

Could you please clarify the difference between the two plugins? "MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated" and "FastPack for WebSphere MQ".

Thanks you

Hello Surya,

MQ Queues Monitors plugin collects statistical information from the MQ Queue Manager.

FastPack for WebSphere MQ consists of a custom Monitor, Sample Profile and Dashboards.

Regards,

Babar

Thank you so much for the information

srinivasarao_as
Organizer

Hi Babar,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have a bit confusion. I could see MQ Queues Monitors plugin (MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated) is already installed.

(Verified under
System Profile-->Monitors-->create-->"MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated". ).

When I requested my admin to install "FastPack for WebSphere MQ" to monitor MQ Queues, I was questioned, "MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated" is already installed, still, Why "FastPack for WebSphere MQ" is needed?

Could you please clarify the difference between the two plugins?
"MQ Queue Channel Monitor Updated" and "FastPack for WebSphere MQ".

Thanks you