cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi team,

sangeetha_mitta
Organizer

I want to get an alert after 2min or 5min duration ,Actually now I am getting alert if one of the web request is taking more than 3sec..but every time I am getting if threshold violation occur.

here I want to get alert if response time is taking 3sec continuously for 2min or 5 min.
Mean here I want to suppress incidents from the first
Could anyone help on this?

22 REPLIES 22

tthat
Inactive

Hi @Sangeetha M.

what is the evaluation timeframe of this incident?

Hi Taneshaa,Thank you for your response.
I have kept my incident evaluation frame as 10sec
What you recommend to keep in order to get alert for 5min duration if my configured web request has taken 3sec above response time

@Sangeetha M. can you keep to 5min,

Hi, actually what is mean by time frame in this scenario? and what is mean incident suppression? Do they help in my above requirement?

@Sangeetha M.5 min should meet your requirement .

Thanks

Taneshaa

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello @Sangeetha M.

I would recommend you to go through the below link for more insight and proper understanding of the incident rules:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/admin...

For example, if you select a timeframe of one minute and use a PurePath duration measure with an average aggregation as input for the incident rule, the average PurePath duration of the last minute is checked for violation every 10 seconds. Measures remain in memory for one hour.

If you want the Incident Suppression: Set the incident delay in seconds. Incidents are suppressed during the configured number of seconds after an occurrence, to avoid sending redundant notifications.

Regards,

Babar

ravi_kumar11
Mentor

Hi Sangeetha,

As you have configured the evaluation time frame for 10 sec, so you are receiving the alerts quite frequently. Configure the alert with the evaluation time frame for which you are looking for say 2 Min or 5 Min which will fulfill your requirement.

Alerts Suppression: After triggering an alert if you don't need next incident, you can suppress the next one for a time frame by providing the value in seconds.

Let's take below Alert configuration as example, I have configured the CPU total time alert for evaluation time frame 1 min and Measure is aggregated to average.

So the, average value of last 1 Min should be greater than 75 (data points collected for every 10 sec 75.53, 73.92, 70.54, 73.33, 83.79, 85.23)

If you see the below table incident triggered at 6:32:10 - as data collected for last 1 Min together average is greater than 75 i.e., 77.09

As the value from 6:32:10 to 6:32:20 the average value breached the threshold 75 by making avg of 77.09 % it triggered an incident.

HTH,

Ravi Kumar

Thank you Ravi:) In my case if one of the web request is taking response time 3sec continuously for 2min then we need to get an alert like the duration violation must be above 2 min then only it should trigger an alert.

Hello @Sangeetha M.

The predefined evaluation timefames are form 10 seconds to 1 hour, therefore, the nearest evaluation timeframe can be 5 min with the average aggregation in your case scenario.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Sangeetha,

You have to select the Evaluation time frame as 5 Min, Dynatrace AppMon doesn't support custom time frame, you can see the list of time frames available under the dropdown.

Also I have verified the config file to see for modifications, but it's not possible changes are getting reverted post the AppMon server restart.

So, go with the 5 Min evaluation time frame or else with the 1 Min, if you are okay with the alerts.

Regards,

Ravi

Hi Ravi,
I have kept 30 min suppression time frame to the alerts but I am not getting single alert to my mail.
I could see the alert in my client incident chart dashlet but those alert are not triggering to my configured mail address after 30 min also
Can you please tell y there are not coming and how the its been calculated?
My evaluation time frame is 5min

Hi Sangeetha,

To make it simple, Evaluation time frame is like validating the threshold condition for input value(10 sec,1 Min, 5 Min etc.,).

For Example, in your case the Evaluation time frame for web request which is taking 3 sec should be 5 Min. Alert will be triggered if the web request is taking more than 3 sec for past 5 Min.

For Suppression: As per the above configuration if incident has triggered and respective team is working on the issue and they don't want one more incident for next 30 or 60 Min then you have to mention the same. If not, leave it zero.

HTH,

Ravi

thank you Ravi:)
after 30 min they should get alerts crct? but they are not getting after 30 min also and we could see in cleint
What is the issue over here?

Sangeetha,

Can you paste the snapshots of the incident configuration, Alert Action as well incident dashboard.

This helps us to know more details..

Regards,

Ravi

HI Ravi, By looking into the below screenshots.Could you please help me in my issue

Hi Saneetha,

Step 1: Under Evaluation time frame please select 5 Min

Step 2: Suppression time --> please make it to zero, as you need alerts for the incident for web request response time is more than 3 sec for 5 Min.

Step 3: Under Settings go to Actions

Step 4: Under Actions --> Make sure you have Checked the Send notification and added the the Email recipients.

Note: Smart Alerting should be Un-Checked

Thanks,

Ravi

Thank you so much for your time Ravi:) I did everything what you said now but only thing is they want me to suppress the incident to 30 min then I kept suppression period as 30 min from then I am not getting the mails actually and all I incidents I can see in client but its not triggering into mails

What is the solution for this ?

Hi Sangeetha,

Is client of you asked to suppress the incident for 30 min..?

In your case, you have suppressed the incident for 30 min.

For example, If one of the web request has >3 sec response time for 5 min it will start an incident and it will wait for incident to end like same as if the response time of the web request for last 5 min at any point is ❤️ sec then the incident will end. Post this, incident will not be triggered for 30 Min though it satisfies the threshold of >3 sec.

Plz check this once...

HTH,

Ravi

Thank you Ravi:)

Hi Ravi,
I have kept 30 min suppression time frame to the alerts but I am not getting single alert to my mail.
I could see the alert in my client incident chart dashlet but those alert are not triggering to my configured mail address after 30 min also
Can you please tell y there are not coming and how the its been calculated?
My evaluation time frame is 5min

Hello @Sangeetha M.

Make sure smart alerting is not enabled for the incident.

Smart Alerting: Sends email just once if multiple incidents occur, until the raised incident is confirmed by a user. Otherwise notification goes out for each incident.

Regards,

Babar

Thank you Babar:)