cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi user action response time

igor_simoes1
Inactive

Hi I am seeing on my user actions high response times, but the Server and Network times are way below the values on the total response time. Can I assume that this time is spent on browser rendering?

Please see the attached image. User action response time was 99 sec, but the PurePath server time was only 22 sec, network contribution in this case was very small.

3 REPLIES 3

hayden_miedema
Inactive

Hi Igor,

To answer your question, the amount of time that you're not seeing is due to what we call "client time." In most cases, this is the browser loading time, but there are a few more variables that could come into play (mostly unlikely.)

In your case of the 99 second PurePath that most is not accounted for in the server and network time, this was cause by client time. Most likely the browser had an issue rendering the content which was called.

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi Igor,

User Action Response Time = Server Contribution + Network Contribution + Estimated Client Time

Server Contribution= Pure-path response Time for that User Action.

Network Contribution = Total file size transferred(Bytes)/Current bandwidth(bytes/sec)

Estimated Client Time= Request Start + Document Fetch Done + Document Interactive

Note: Third Party Content Load Time not included in Server/Network Contribution

Please go through the below link to understand :

1)Request Start 2)Document Fetch Done 3)Document Interactive

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

73664.06ms is the Estimatd Client Time. So time spent on Browser Side. In order to further know, split up of time spent in browser side, use W3C metrics.

1) Loading of Page web/logada/xxx -> right click and create Business Transaction -> "UserAction1"

2)Create chart(Pie chart) -> add all W3C metrics -> Right Click ->Edit filter -> select Business Transaction -> "UserAction1" -> filter the timeframe

Hope this many helps!!

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

gabriel_casella
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Igor,

Have you tried to drilldown this request to "User Action PurePath" and select "details"? Then you (probably) would be able to see the W3C times breakdown.

I've attached a screenshot below to show what I mean: