cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

High Availability of DynaTrace Analysis Server

Hello Team,

We have two collector in two different DC. Both are connected to single dynatrace analysis server.

We need create a HA for Analysis server. If any one of the Analysis server goes down we can able to do analysis from different server and that server should contain all data.

Could you please let us know whether this can be possible or not?

Thanks

Satyajit

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Satyajit,

Do you have a standalone Memory Analysis Server? OR

The Memory Analysis Server on the same machine as the AppMon Server?

Regards,

Babar

Cody_Kachelski
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Babar,

I believe when he says "analysis server" he is actually referring to the main Dynatrace server, not a memory analysis server. Please clarify if I'm mistaken Satyajit.

To answer your question Satyajit, HA for the main server is not currently readily available, however you can have your team vote for this RFE to help the chances of it being supported for a future release:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/163815/support-...

For now, it may be possible to request a failover license to be placed on another server, however you'd need to speak with your Dynatrace account team for details for what could be accomplished, depending on your particular environment, as only one server can actively be connected to the session store an PW, or else there will be data corruption. Thanks!

-Cody

Hello @Cody K.,

🙂 totally misunderstood.

Thank you for your observation and correction.

Regards,

Babar

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Officially a highly available AppMon Server is not supported, there is a popular RFE for this that can be found here:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/163815/support-...

If you search on the forums you may be able to find some ideas but there is no 'best' solution that I am aware of. I've attached a doc that goes through some of the considerations, but for now the best bet is to vote on that RFE and had a comment if you would like.

James

6140-dynatrace-ha-installation-in-practice-v2-2016.pdf

Thanks for answers.

Sorry for confusion, Analysis server I referred to main DynaTrace Server.

Regards

Satyajiy