cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Historic report on Request headers

pdott
Participant

I think the answer is no, but thought i'd throw it out to the forum.

Here is my question;

Is there a way to report historically, specific request header details from a specific purepath? I am already capturing the request headers via the Servlet Sensor. Although they are not part of an existing measure or anything. Just view able from the details menu when drilling into the web request.

Each row in the report would contain the time stamp, purepath and corresponding headers.

Is it possible?

DT Server version 6.2x

Thanks,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

kyle_kowalski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Paul,

I think this is a case of the data is there as long as you have access to those session files but there is no good way to pull the data out and get it in a format that you want to see it in. You might be able to create a view for the future that uses a BT to split the header value and use our BT export feature to get the infomation you want in that fashion but I'm not sure exactly how that would work.

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Paul,

Even if your data was in measure/BT format, as Kyle mentioned you're not going to be able to get the format that you want.

Here's what you can do, though. Save (export) a session that has the PurePath data of interest to you. I'm assuming that the header values are text (not numeric) and would represent things like Splits in a Business Transaction.

Right-click on the stored session that you just created and select "Edit System Profile". When you do that, create a new Business Transaction that does a "split" on the request header that is of interest to you. When you are done creating those BTs, then the trick happens: right-click on the stored session again and select Process Configuration Changes. This will reanalyze your stored session and create the data for your BT(s). Now you can double-click on the BTs (to see the various splits). You can then right-click on a split and drill down to related PurePaths, which will give you that whole list with the timestamps of the original transaction.

Hope this helps,

Rob

pdott
Participant

Thanks for the help guys! @Rob V. - your advice helped me achieve it! Great information.

Cheers,

Paul