cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Host Availability Monitor(1.2) and URL Monitor issue - AppMon 6.2

Hello,

I have configure Host Availability Monitor and URL Monitor to check server's availability.

Host Availability Monitor

In settings section of this monitor I selected the checkbox for Execute Ping Test Name and added Host

cdserver.abc.xyz ( which is public url of my cd server ) in Hosts section. I scheduled it to run for every 10 minutes but when I checked log I found failure message:

2016-08-15 23:52:33 SEVERE [AvailMonitor@Host Availability Monitor_0] Previous message was repeated 1 times. 2016-08-15 23:52:33 SEVERE [AvailMonitor@Host Availability Monitor_0] Pinging cdserver.abc.xyz Failure : ping Args: -w 5 cdserver.abc.xyz

Should we use the Host name exactly same which we see in right side screen when we open Agent Overview node from Cockpits or public URL is fine.

URL Monitor

for this monitor I got following log

2016-08-15 23:42:33 INFO [UrlMonitor@URL Monitor_0] Previous message was repeated 1 times. 2016-08-15 23:42:33 INFO [UrlMonitor@URL Monitor_0] Executing method: GET, URI: http://cdserver.abc.xyz:80/

I set Hostreachable Lower sever value to 0 in measure and put my email in incidents if measured value exceeded the lower threshold value.

As per log it looks like ping test was successful but I have started incident emails. Why?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi. I think we just answered this email on stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39008706/url-mo...

Andi

Thanks Andi...I got answer for URL monitor but still waiting answer for Host Availability Monitor because still I'm getting the same error message.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

As for the Host Availability Monitor. I will try to get the author of that plugin - @Derek Abing - to have a look at your log output. What you have to keep in mind is that this plugin gets executed on the Collector you specified for that monitor. That means that this plugin is going to execute a "ping -w 5 yourserver.com" on that Collector machine. What you therefore need to do is to specify a name that can be resolved on that Collector machine!

Andi

Thanks...well yeah I put URL( cdserver.abc.xyz) in Hosts section and this URL can be accessible from internet publicly but don't know Host monitor ping is not working...