cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Host List filters

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi all,

maybe it's an obvious question but how can I put one Host List dashlet in one custom dashboard with the filters for several values preconfigured.

I want only few hosts in the dashboard but the filter selection are cleaned when close and open the dashboard.

Thanks!

Ps: I'm in 6.3

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Josep,

In your dynatrace client if you double click the "Infrastructure Overview" found in the cockpit, it will open a dashlet with host information that can be resized/edited to fit onto any dashboard. Your filters would be the sites hostgroups and labels options found in the Infrastructure Overview dashlet. Hope this helps.

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi Nathan,

yes but if you close the Dasboard and reopen it your selection is lost.

jcamps
DynaMight Advisor
DynaMight Advisor

Hi all,

any other suggestion?,

I really want to provide one shortcut in one dashboard for Host and Process information, but only for several hosts.

Thanks

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I think you can achieve this by setting the Dashboard Data Source Filters to filter on certain hosts by labels or host groups. Every dashboard has a data source. If you edit this data source you can specify the filter. on the filters tab you find one labels "Hosts". there you have the option to select individual hosts, per label or host group. That filter will then "trickle down" to all the dashlets on the dashboard. Give this a try - i hope it works as expected

Andi

Hi Andy,

that was my first try but doesn't work for the Host List Dashlet:

This works fine for the others Dashlets but not for the Host List Dashlet.

I see 😞

In this case I consider this as a missing capability of the Host List Dashlet as it is not providing the host filter option which would however make sense for that type of dashlet. I pass this to the engineering team but we also need an RFE posting on the forum. Can you do that for me?

Andi

Hi Andi,

of course:

https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/168342/rfe-enab...

any suggestion to put one shorcurt in the dashboard to acces the host and the process information for only several hosts?

Thanks!