cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host/Process/Transactions not Showing for Application Server

athompson
Participant

Hello,

I am having an issue with the process, host and transaction data for one of my servers after having a restart over the weekend. I cannot see any data in the health dashboard when I drill in through the transaction flow. I checked that there are transactions flowing through, and tried to drill in from an individual transaction's Transaction Flow and I am still seeing the same issue. Any idea what could be going on?

2016-06-27-10-10-44-transaction-flow-dashboard-1-d.png

12 REPLIES 12

david_n
Inactive

Hello Annmarie,

What DT version are you currently running? If you are running 6.2.7 this is a known issue that is fixed in 6.2.8.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

robert_statsing
Inactive

Hi Annmarie -

Does the agent show up in the Agents Overview dashboard? Can you post the agent's logfiles here? Also, what happens when you click on the ca-hybris-app link in the Monitored Processes area on the right side of the view you've shown?

Thanks,

Robert Statsinger

athompson
Participant

Hello David & Robert,

Thanks for your replies. I have upgraded to the latest version and restarted the agent, but I am still seeing the same issue.

@Robert Statsinger it does show up in the Agents Overview no problem. When I click the monitored processes, I see the process health dashboard, but as with the host health, it's blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! We have our big month end on 6/30, and it's very important we can access this info.

Thanks again,

Annmarie

david_n
Inactive

Hello Annmarie,

Can you tell us whether you are able to see the data in the dashboard when you try to go directly through the "Infrastructure" dashlet. In the cockpit, there should be infrastructure listed under the "Status Overview" section. Double-click on that and you will see a list of all your hosts. Find the server in question and double click on that as well. This will bring up the host metrics for the server in question.

Also, what type of agent are you running (Java, .Net, Host, etc)? If you are running a Node.js agent then you will not get host metrics like with most other agents. You would have to install a separate host agent to capture those.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

robert_statsing
Inactive

Hi Annmarie -

Can you please attach the Agent's logfiles to this page?

Thanks,

Robert

athompson
Participant

Hello @David Nicholls,

I am not able to see the data through the infrastructure dashboard either. I am noticing that the infrastructure dashboard seems to be dropping the "raf.local" portion of the host name, and adding a "[1]" at the end of the agent name...both of which do not appear in the agent overview. Please see attached screenshots for a better understanding of what I mean. I have double checked my infrastructure settings as well.

I've also included a screenshot of my transaction flow which may help in this... Typically the Application servers should appear on the same tier, and they are not anymore.

@Robert, I am happy to include the agent logs but am having a difficult time locating them. Can you point out where I can access them?

Thanks to both of you for your help!

robert_statsing
Inactive

Annmarie -

The agent logfiles can be accessed from the Client via the System Information Dashboard as shown below

athompson
Participant

Thank you @Robert Statsinger. Most recent logs attached.

l06agentlogssupportarchive.zip

robert_statsing
Inactive

Thanks Annmarie. I'm not seeing anything particularly troubling yet. Can you please post a complete support archive that has the agent logs, collector logs, and server logs? I'll try to find any obvious problems. In the meantime, can you please restart the Collector that the agent reports to and see if that helps?

Robert

athompson
Participant

I restarted the collector just this morning and am still seeing the issue unfortunately. I have tried attaching the logs but the file size is being exceeded. Is there another way to send them to you?

david_n
Inactive

Hello Annmarie,

I would suggest creating a DT support ticket for this case. You can attached the support archive to that as it allows attachments up to 500 MB. You can then post the link to the support ticket here and we can take a look at the archive in tandem with the support team if we have time.

You can access the support link here: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Thanks,

David Nicholls

william_j_kim
Newcomer

I am having the same issue on my 7.0 DT Client appmon as well, any update on this?