cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Host level monitoring.

yamini_dubey
Organizer

Apart from the four out of the box metrics we see for host monitoring in the transaction flow i.e CPU,Memory,network and disk, is there a way to monitor and set up alerts for no. of connections or threads for the host or the application server being monitored. @Babar Q.

Thanks in advance

Regards.

6 REPLIES 6

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Yamini,

Yes we have many other measures for the host and also technology based measures.

Regards,

Babar

@Babar Q. Hi Babar

Thanks for the update. I did look at this. I was trying to create a measure for number of connections/threads happening on the application server(Apache,Tomcat),eventually I want to create an incident rule for same using this measure(i.e send out alerts in case number of connections/threads exceed a particular number). In this case which metrics under host level monitoring would reflect that value.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hello Yamini,

In the below screenshot we can see the 'Tomcat' related thread information and 'Web Server' could be anyone.

I guess you can check them if it works for you.

Regards,

Babar

yamini_dubey
Organizer

Hi @Babar Q. did look at them. I am trying to do this for a Tomcat server. So the configuration for this measure looks a slight different to me. I have two questions:

1. Is there a specific command line or a syntax to be put in this measure.

2. I currently have 4 tomcats. Will creating this measure enable the filter for all the four tomcats. If not how do I specify a specific tomcat?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hello Yamini,

Measures calculate for all agent groups by default but you have a provision to calculate only for the select agent groups.

Instead of the Tomcat specific measure, create a measure for the JVM and then do the splitting as you required.

Regard,

Babar

yamini_dubey
Organizer

@Babar Q. This is so cool . Helps a lot 🙂 will try to do this and let you know in case of any questions.

Thanks and Regards.