cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HostAgent SQLServer Performance Monitor fail

tshirai
Guide

I got SQLServer performance counter with AppMon 7.0 Hostagent. However, some values can not be obtained.

For example

[SQLServer: Batch Requests / sec] OK

[SQLServer: Buffer Manager \ Page life expectancy] NG

In the error message,

SQLServer: Buffer Manager
Page life expectancy
all instances: Unable to get Value (Object: SQLServer: Buffer Manager, Instance: (null), Counter: Page life expectancy).
Detailed error message: Ea- # (System error code: 0x3E5

I want to know the cause and solution of this error.

3 REPLIES 3

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

The error you're getting (0x3E5) is an error coming back from SQLServer which indicates an overlapping IO Operation in progress.

I would just rerun and see if this same error is report repetitively. I thought this was just more a status to indicate two IO operations were running at the same time, which itself isn't a problem. However I'm not a SQLServer expert so this could be wrong.

If it consistently happens with the same metric, perhaps you should remove that metric and see if the problem persists.

tshirai
Guide

Hi @Joseph M. H.

Thank you for your comment.
The failing metrics are the same each time. I did some tests. The following items can obtain data.

• SQLServer: SQL Statistics \ Batch Requests / sec
  • SQLServer: Wait Statistics (Average wait time (ms)) \ Wait for the worker
  • SQLServer: Wait Statistics (Waits in progress) \ Wait for the worker
  • SQLServer: Wait Statistics (Waits started per second) \ Wait for the worker
  • SQLServer: Wait Statistics (Cumulative Wait time (ms) per second \ Wait for the worker

The following items occur when an error occurs in data acquisition.All error codes are 0x3E5

• SQLServer: Buffer Manager \ Buffer cache hit ratio
  • SQLServer: Buffer Manager \ Page life expectancy
  • SQLServer: Databases \ LOGIDB \ Percent Log Used
    worker

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

This doesn't seem to be a Dynatrace issue, but you can try creating a support case and see if the support team can provide any guidance.