cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot sensor placement ... skipped, hot sensor placement is not supported for this agent type

eric_brown
Contributor

I created a system profile for java and web server, and instrumented my web server and java applications, and everything was fine.

Then I realized my web server was serving a whole lot of pages that were not part of my application, so I went to the sensor configuration for the web server agent group, and entered the URI of the application I wanted to monitor.

After this, I ran Hot Sensor Placement, and got the following:

Hot sensor placement for <my agent> skipped, hot sensor placement is not supported for this agent type

Doesn't the web server agent support hot sensor placement?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

ted_feyler222
Inactive

Hi Eric,

Changes you make in the "Sensor Configuration" screen are immediate and do not require a Hot Sensor Placement. You should see the result of the change as soon as you hit "OK" as they are run-time configuration changes.

Hot Sensor Placement is only supported for Java Agents and is only needed when you want to change the sensors being placed into the JVM. For example, if you want to instrument a method that is not already instrumented or remove the instrumentation from a method.

thanks,
Ted