cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

How about the dynatrace migration from v5.6 to v6.5

dt_its3-1
Inactive

Hi All,

We are considering a transition from dynatrace v5.6 to v6.5.
Please inform me of the following for just in case.

[Premise]

*DT v5.6 server and DT v6.5 server are different OS.

*The DT v5.6 server is running for a while after migration for reference purposes.

*DT v5.6 Executing MigrationTool on Server (Purpose of Acquiring Configuration File).
*DT v6.5 Decompress dtm file on server (for systemProfile and DashBoad extraction purpose).

Q.1:
DT v5.6 By obtaining the configuration information (excluding Session data) by specifying the following option on the server DT v5.6 Can I understand that the server license is not affected?

java -jar dynatrace-migration.jar -migration -sourceDTHome /work/dyna/dyna5.6/opt/dynat/dynatrace-5.6.0 -targetArchiveDir /work/dyna/migration/migdir

Q.2:
After transferring the file acquired at No.1 to DT v6.5 server, decompress the DTM file with the following command. At this timing, does not affect the license of DT v5.6 server and DT v6.5 server?

Example) License lockout.
java -jar dynatrace-migration.jar -migration -sourceArchive itcsrv04_2017-03-12_13.27.35.dtma -targetDTHome mig1_rest -skipDTHomeCheck

Q.3:

As long as you do not intend to acquire Session data, do I not have to stop the DT server/collector before executing the following command?

java -jar dynatrace-migration.jar -migration -sourceDTHome /work/dyna/dyna5.6/opt/dynat/dynatrace-5.6.0 -targetArchiveDir /work/dyna/migration/migdir

Since the DT v6.5 server license was locked out in the Test Migration for Q.1 and Q.2, please let me know if there is similar case.

Best Regards,
Takunobu Atsukawa

3 REPLIES 3

ksk_natsume
Inactive

Hi,

I'll add comment because of we have not received an answer.

just I want to know about, The execution of MigurationTool will affect the license of the current environment(DT6.5) or not?

(will be lock out the new version license??)

(when we test the migration DT6.5 from DT5.6, the license was locked out... but, I think it was just another reason though.)

Best Regards,
Ryotaro Natsume

Hi Takunobu,

Regarding licensing, moving from 5.6 to 6.5 will require a new license. You can put in a ticket for Dynatrace License Management here. In the ticket mention that you are upgrading to 6.5 and will need a new license cut for that version, they be able to give you a new license for 6.5.

Hope this helps,
Dan

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi Daichi,

For Q1,Q2,Q3- we need new license specific to 6.5 is required for migration.

But i guess the reason for the error "license locked" is due to all dynatrace5.6 services are not stopped before started using migration tool. Also Performance warehouse should be disconnected before start of migration.

Once the migration is done disable 5.6 services and start 6.5 services and in dynaTrace client import 6.5 specific license ,then connect Performance warehouse and session storage and do sanitary check.

Hope this may help!!

Thanks

Soorya Mohan