cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How advise Business application Infrastructure sizing through APPMON tool

sivashankara_pu
Organizer

How advise Business application Infrastructure sizing / Performance scaling through APPMON tool

3 REPLIES 3

dennis_mispelba
Inactive

Hi Puli,

can you be a bit more precise? Maybe it is just me, but frankly, I don't understand your question.

Do you mean, what metrics to check in order to judge, if a system needs more resources?

Best regards
Dennis

Hi
Dennis,

My
request was to find how Dynatrace APPMON tool will advise on Business
Application Infrastructure ( compute , storage , network ) sizing. through the statics captured on application over
time line.

Sorry
for framing confusion in question sentence.

Regards

Siva Shankara Puli

Hi Siva,

if you instrument a process (Java/.NET), the respective agent will not only pick up what is happening within the respective process, but also, 4 basic host metrics from the underlying OS, this is: CPU, Memory, Network and Disk metrics.

You are able to check on those metrics the easiest when being in the "Monitoring" tab (always there by default on the top right in the client) and clicking on the bottom right "Host, Processes". This will give you a table of monitored hosts and with a double click you can check on those mentioned metrics. Another way would be to go to the webdashboards (https://YOURDYNATRACESERVER:9911) and check in the left menu for "Hosts" (only in AppMon version >= 6.5)
Is this information helpful at all? Does it address your question?

Best regards
Dennis